Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My unsettled disease, Ganoderma infection

Basically, this is my scope of work right now as a plant pathologist. My aim is to find a solution in order to combat this disease. Ganoderma has been found since 77 years ago in Malaysia but until today there was no effective solution for solving this disease. Researcher from all over the world trying hard to address this problem but at the end they failed to deliver their research findings i the field. Apparently, I am trying to solve this 77 years disease and with my team, I hope I can be successful to penetrate this disease.

Nowdays, plant pathologist has become a rare species. I could not find any plant pathologist at my age now. There are many molecular biologist but they are in different battle field. Therefore, I would like to make a call for those plant scienses students. Please make your way as a plant pathologist. This is a very interesting job to look into. I am enjoying myself with my works right now. You will feel the thrill, believe in me cause I am feeling it right now. Lets continue the heritage!!





Fungal pathogen: Ganoderma boninense







Upper Stem Rot caused by Ganoderma boninense












Collapsed oil palm due to Ganoderma infection

No comments: